Poker Spy UK – A players guide to online poker playing – Judi Online24jam

Judi Online24jam
Spread the love

 

 

“That’s only part of it,” said Steve Lipscomb, and he should know — he figured out how to make poker-watching a great spectator sport, then invented the World Poker Tour.

 

Yes, Lipscomb Judi Online24jam said, the six lipstick cameras tucked under the rim of the poker table are important, but so are other elements: the play-along graphics (which show the unseen “hole” cards each player is holding), the ability to see those graphics as well as the “community cards” being dealt on the table (shown constantly for easy reference), plus the positioning of 10 additional cameras around the poker room to catch every player’s action and reaction.

 

The result is a television show so slickly produced and edited, it plays as if it’s live. In truth, “It’s live fiction,” Lipscomb said, accomplished initially through “eight months of intense editing time, an editor and myself in a room, knocking heads.”

 

The other shows copy his format.

 

“It’s quite a process,” said Lipscomb, a Judi Online24jam lawyer turned filmmaker (the documentary Battle for the Minds) turned producer. “Everything happens on the micro level. The thing you want to see is the human drama. Just like any storytelling, it’s about revealing the human condition. When somebody’s got a million-dollar decision, that’s just great TV.”

 

No-limit Texas hold-’em is the game that’s captured America’s fancy. In it, players are dealt two face-down, or hole, cards. Players use those plus five “community” cards — dealt face up — to make the best five-card poker hand they can.

 

One of the dramas of no-limit poker is that players can bet “all in,” risking every chip they have, on any hand. So it’s not uncommon for $1 million pots to develop.

 

Sexton, who makes the game more enjoyable with his play-by-play descriptions, says filming one WPT episode takes six to eight hours. Sexton and co-host Vince Van Patten add their commentary after the tournament is completed.

 

“It’s against gaming regulations in Nevada and most states for us to see cards as they’re actually playing,” said Sexton, who is also a professional poker player. “We go back and edit those in and redo the tournament, essentially. Then it’s spliced together. Probably only 25 percent of what we say on the day of the event makes the air. The other 75 percent comes from the studio.”

 

Lipscomb says he’s pitching other poker-related shows to network chiefs. If green-lighted, they’ll be on television within a year. There’s no Judi Online24jam question network chiefs are interested. Everybody is.

 

“I had a meeting with (retired pro football player) Marcus Allen the other day,” Lipscomb said. “We were going to do something with him and one of his charity events. He leaned over and said, ‘If you want to be cool now, you’ve got to play poker.’ “